Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We Did it!

It's been a long journey! Since we moved into our house almost 5 years ago, the one thing that I could not stand about our house was the kitchen. It was white, white and more white! Scott promised me that we would get to it one day, so we finally started the kitchen project this past summer. We kept the cabinets, but changed everything else. We had the wallpaper removed and painted from ceiling to the floor. Scott and a friend tiled the floor and backsplash. Last but not least, we got new granite countertops. It was a long, long project with many meals eaten away from the kitchen. Believe or not, we were actually sick of eating out! The kids moaned and groaned when we packed them them in the car to go eat supper! We are very happy with the final results!

I didn't have any recent before pictures, so I dug up some pictures that I took when we first bought the house. I literally did NO decorating since we moved in.




Look at Sweet Caroline. She was soo young!

2 comments:

Mary said...

It looks GREAT!! :)

Donnie and Jodi said...

Wow, looks awesome!!! If I ever have a kitchen that needs refacing, I'll be sure to ask Scott for his ideas!