This summer marked Caroline's 1st year of swim team. I was really hesitant that Caroline would back out at the last minute, but she ended up really enjoying it. They had swim practice Monday through Thursday starting mid-May through mid-July. It definitely was a commitment, but we had a ball! By the end of the season, Caroline really improved.
There is a reason that her nickname is "Grandma". She is not in a hurry to do anything. She definitely walks to the beat of her own drum. You CAN'T rush that girl. However, on her last swim meet I bribed her with endless amounts of ice cream if she beat her last time. She started out with a bang! We had never seen her move that fast!
She was so proud of herself!
The swim meets were a little hectic for the parents. You have to turn their card in at the end of her lane first. Then, I stood with her at the start of the race to make sure that she went on the right heat. While she was swimming, I was cheering her on while walking to the end of her lane. As you can see, sometimes I had a "helper" complete with Cheez-its and a Kool-aid moustache. :)
Needless to say, we are so proud of Caroline. She has really stepped out of her box and trying new things!







No comments:
Post a Comment