So, I have been getting bored with my regular walking/jogging routine at the YMCA. So, I have been venturing out lately to some of the various classes that the Y offers. I love Pilates, Yoga, Body Pump and Body Flow classes!
When I got to the Y tonight, I just couldn't bare jogging another day. What was the only class being offered at that time? It's called ZUMBA, which is described as "a latin and hip hop dance class infused for an aerobic interval workout combining fast and slow rhythms". One word describes it for me - AKWARD! I am just not a dancer. Never have been. After today, it is certain that I never will. I couldn't get my arms and legs working at the same time or in any kind of rhythmical motion. I probably looked like this! It was really, really sad! Luckily, I parked myself where there was not a mirror in front of me so I couldn't see myself dance. That probably would have put me over the edge if I had to watch myself for a whole hour!
Luckily, the ladies that were in the glass with me were obviously white, too. It was a nice change of pace, but I think I will stick to Pilates or something that doesn't involve shaking my booty.
No comments:
Post a Comment