But this morning while the kids and I were eating breakfast and getting ready to go to the Y, I heard the garage door opening downstairs around 9:00. I looked outside to find the car and boat trailer in the driveway. Hmm, funny.
Wait a second, did I just say boat trailer? Where's the boat that should be on that boat trailer, you might ask? How about scattered on 1-40 between Exit 125 and 126?
Apparently, Scott did not have the boat secured down on the trailer and the boat slid off the trailer onto the interstate. By the time he was able to turn around and get back to where the boat was, a brand new F-150 found it first. Luckily and miraculously, no one was hurt. It could have been alot worse for sure. Scott says that he keeps seeing the image of the boat sliding on the highway. Poor thing. The guy lost his best friend today!
Like a good wife, I didn't have to call him an idiot or ask him what the heck he was thinking? He is doing enough of that himself. :)
Luckily, Scott has insurance on the boat. We are still waiting to hear about some kind of loophole that the insurance company will find. Hopefully all will work out. I will keep you posted!
3 comments:
Oh my....I'm sorry....but I have this crazy picture in my head of a boat sliding down the interstate.....ugh!
Leigh: I am just so thankful that no one was hurt. Yes, you can imagine what people were thinking seeing a boat laying in the interstate or sliding whichever they saw. I have seen boats on the side of the road but never sliding in the lane. Anyway, things can be replaced and fixed but people could be a big, big problem. Yes, God was watching out for Scott Saturday morning. Judy
Oh my God, that's awful!!! Thank God no one got hurt is right!
Post a Comment